Bring your community to Vilnius and host a meetup, workshop, talk or hackathon at the Pillar Unconference
This July 15-22, hundreds of entrepreneurs, business leaders, and blockchain pioneers will take over the Vilnius Grand Resort, Lithuania for the Pillar Unconference. “Unconference” means the the agenda is crowd sourced with a stage open for organisations to speak, host meetups, workshops, panel discussions, hackathons, and shape the event without cost.
The Unconference is free to attend and created by Pillar to bring together those working to decentralise technology to learn from each other, shape partnership opportunities, and network in a city quickly establishing itself as a hub of blockchain innovation in the region.
What’s at the venue?
The Vilnius Grand Resort is a 5 star country estate, and the largest venue for events in Lithuania. The resort holds 193 rooms and suites, 15 breakout spaces, a championship golf course, spa and fitness centre, three on site restaurants, set within 395 acres of forest and lake scenery.
Pillar has booked the 1,000 seat main conference hall, 6 of the breakout rooms, and several lounge areas which are free to be used and adapted by attendees. Projectors, large HD screens, audio equipment, refreshments, and other utilities will be provided as per request. Pillar will also film and broadcast selected events.
The week will also include festival activities such as local beer tasting, hot air balloon rides, water jetpacking, restaurants, packages for children, open stages for musicians and performers, and a closing party at the historic Trakai castle.
Shuttle bubusesill run from the resort to the city centre every half hour from 10:00 am to midnight.
Who will be there?
As well as the entire Pillar team, a number of tech companies, developers, entrepreneurs, and thought leaders will be in attendance throughout the week.
- Lex Sokolin, director of Fintech Strategy at Autonomous NEXT, will lead masterclasses on crypto capital markets, ICOs, and token investing.
- David Siegel, founder of the Pillar Project and author of The Token Handbook, will lead a four-day Token Camp on tokenonomics and daily workshops on business agility.
- Vinay Gupta, project manager from the original Ethereum team, will host talks on the ‘Internet of Agreements’ and ‘Blockchain and the Law’.
- And other heavyweights within the industry.
- Radix will host a ‘devcon’ track for blockchain and smart-contract developers and have partnered with the Blockchain Centre Vilnius, to engage their local communities.
- Pillar is also currently helping other companies, institutions and communities, define how they will be co-creating their tracks during our unconference for a truly decentralised event.
Vilnius boasts the highest ICO per capita in the world, with 35 ICOs raising a total of $500M in value in 2017. With government policy set to attract blockchain startups, Vilnius has created a vibrant cryptocurrency scene and pool of talent, alongside with low taxes, and a new regulatory “sandbox” for blockchain startups.
Vilnius was also ranked by Lonely Planet as one of its top ten places to visit in Europe this year.
Lithuania has created a vibrant cryptocurrency scene, with the highest ICO per capita in the world, and a government backed a regulatory “sandbox” for blockchain startups.