Welcome to the Pillar Community!
Signing Up For MatterMost
- Go to community.pillarproject.io and, if it is your first time in MatterMost, click on “Create new account.”
- Enter your email, username and password. Please register using your first.last name. Please don’t use a fantasy or nickname. We expect more than 1,000 people, so it will be far better if each person uses first.last name to register. If your name is Rick Smith, please register as rick.smith. If for some reason that’s taken, please use a middle initial, like Rick.H.Smith. A few of us on Pillar staff have first name for easy recognizability
- Click “Create Account,” which will take you to this screen:
- Once you sign up, go to your email inbox and find the confirmation email (it might be in your SPAM folder) and confirm your membership. If you have trouble signing up, please check your spam folder. If you think the confirmation is lost, click “Resend Email” on the previous screen. If that doesn’t work, try again with another email address. We can’t really help past that.
Choose your Team & Add Channels
- Once you have confirmed your email account, you will be asked to log in using the credentials you just created. Once you enter the correct login credentials, you will be taken to the following screen. Please select the only available team to join, “Pillar Project.”
There are many channels in our community and each has its own purpose.
By default, upon joining you are added to all channels on the main Team Pillar Project
- Research HQ
- The ICO Show
- Third Party Services
- Unconference 2018
- Wallet Research
- Wallet Tech Support
- Blockchain News
- Social Media
- Living Room
- Developer Central
- GEO Africa
- GEO Asia
- GEO UK
- GEO USA
- Blockchain Explorer
- Company Culture
- Crypto Markets
- Customer Support
- GEO UK
- GEO USA
- Pillar Tokens
- Pillar Website
- When you get your bearings, please find the “Introductions” channel in the “Pillar Project” team and introduce yourself! Tell us where you are from and what you what to learn and/or contribute.
- As our community grows, so will the channel list. If you have questions about the channels or accessing previous conversations, please reach out to @ via MatterMost and they will help you find what and who you need.
How Mattermost works:
- Communication happens in public discussion channels, private channels and direct messages. Everything is archived and searchable from any web-enabled desktop, laptop or phone. Install the apps for PC, Mac, iOS and Android for easy access and notifications on the go.
You’re all set!
- Need any additional tutorials? Just email the folks at MatterMost at [email protected].